DaVita Clinical Research to Present New Findings at American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week 2021
Groundbreaking research holds promise for new clinical management techniques and understanding of vaccine immune response in kidney patients
DENVER, Nov. 4, 2021 – DaVita Clinical Research (DCR) will present eight research abstracts from company representatives and medical professionals during the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week occurring Nov. 4–7, 2021.
ASN Kidney Week 2021 will convene more than 13,000 kidney care professionals from around the world in a virtual format to discuss advancements in the field of nephrology.
“For decades, clinicians and researchers have come together during Kidney Week to share new knowledge and build collaborations that translate discoveries into clinical care,” said Dr. Steven Brunelli, vice president for DCR. “We’re eager to share our research contributing to the lives and care of people living with kidney disease.”
DaVita researchers will report on findings from multiple retrospective and prospective studies, with a particular focus on COVID-19 prevention and predictive tools for improving clinical outcomes.
This year’s poster and presentation titles, along with selected study highlights, include:
- Development and Validation of an Algorithm to Predict Risk of 90-Day Hospitalization for Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease
- Real-World Effectiveness and Immunogenicity of mRNA-1273 in Dialysis Patients (Moderna)
- Real-World Effectiveness and Immunogenicity of BNT162b2 in Dialysis Patients (Pfizer)
- Associations between Loop Diuretic Use and Outcomes among Patients Treated with Peritoneal Dialysis
- A Novel Approach to Identify Nonclinical Factors that Impact Outcomes in Dialysis Patients
- Safety of Bamlanivimab Treatment for COVID-19 Administered in Dialysis Centers to Hemodialysis Patients
- Comparative Effectiveness of BNT162b2 and Ad26.COV2.S in the Prevention of SARS-CoV-2 Infection among Dialysis Patients
- Perception of COVID-19 Risk among In-center Hemodialysis Patients
Kidney Week attendees can view ePosters and pre-recorded presentations from DCR and DaVita Kidney Care clinical leaders at https://www.asn-online.org/kidneyweek/ beginning Nov. 4. All meeting content will be posted online until Jan. 7, 2022.
DaVita representatives will be available to discuss collaboration opportunities in the Kidney Week digital exhibit hall. Updates will be shared throughout the meeting on Twitter at @DaVitaDoc and @DaVitaResearch. Attendees, as well as those who cannot participate in the virtual sessions, are encouraged to join or view the conversation by using #KidneyWk.
To learn more about DCR, visit www.DaVitaClinicalResearch.com.