Latest research supports improvements in care delivery and patient outcomes
DENVER, Oct. 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — DaVita Clinical Research (DCR) will present 14 research abstracts from company representatives and medical professionals at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) annual Kidney Week occurring Oct. 22–25, 2020.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, ASN Kidney Week 2020 will convene more than 13,000 kidney care professionals from around the world in a virtual format to discuss advancements in the field of nephrology.
“We believe our commitment to pursuing life-enhancing research discoveries is helping accelerate transformation in kidney care,” said Dr. Steven Brunelli, vice president and medical director of health economics and outcomes research for DCR. “During these unprecedented times, Kidney Week continues to be a vital convening platform for clinical experts to share meaningful insights and potential real-world solutions that could improve the well-being of medically complex kidney disease patients.”
DaVita researchers will report on findings from multiple retrospective studies, with a particular focus on how COVID-19 affects dialysis patients, home dialysis treatments and chronic kidney disease progression.
This year’s poster and presentation titles include:
DaVita Clinical Research
- Assessment of a Laboratory-Based SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Test Among Hemodialysis Patients: A Quality Improvement Initiative
- Management of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Among Patients Who Transition from Daily At-Home to 3X Weekly Oral Cinaclect Given In-Center
- Associations Between Antimicrobial Barrier Cap Use and Outcomes Among Hemodialysis Patients Using a Central Venous Catheter
- Urgent Start Peritoneal Dialysis and Outcomes
- Longitudinal Assessment of Random Variability in ICH-CAHPS Scores
- Use of Predictive Analytics to Inform Integrated Care Programs to Reduce Hospitalizations Among Hemodialysis Patients
- Exploration of Racial Disparities in the Kidney Transplant Process Among Dialysis Patients
- Use of Incremental Peritoneal Dialysis: Impact on Clinical Outcomes and Quality-of-Life Measures
- Patterns of Hospital Admissions Among Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease
- Development and Validation of a Predictive Model to Identify Patients with Undiagnosed Chronic Kidney Disease
- Inpatient Dialysis Provider Type and Duration of Hospital Admissions of Dialysis Patients
- Strategies to Prevent Infection-Related Losses in U.S. Peritoneal Dialysis Programs by More Actionable Predictive Data Reporting
- Blood Pressure Telemonitoring in Large U.S. Peritoneal Dialysis Population
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Virtual Care in Home Dialysis
ASN Kidney Week attendees can view ePosters and pre-recorded presentations from DCR and DaVita Kidney Care clinical leaders at https://www.asn-online.org/kidneyweek/ beginning Oct. 22. DaVita representatives will be available to discuss appropriate opportunities in the Kidney Week digital exhibit hall. Live updates will be shared throughout the meeting on Twitter at @DaVitaDoc and @DaVitaResearch. Attendees, as well as those who cannot participate in the virtual sessions, are encouraged to join or view the conversation by using #KidneyWk.
About DaVita Clinical Research
DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., is the research arm of DaVita. DCR innovates through retrospective research aimed at improving clinical outcomes. DCR assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of clinical trials using its renal research site network. To learn more about DCR, visit DaVitaClinicalResearch.com.