Teammates Deliver Clinical Excellence, Improved Patient Care, Innovation, Robust Partnerships, Community Leadership
DENVER, Dec. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA), a leading independent medical group and a leading provider of kidney care services in the United States, today released a recap of the company’s most notable 2018 achievements, marking its 18th year bringing quality of life to patients and teammates around the world.
“Teammates are intentional about creating a special place that helps our patients improve their quality of life,” said Kent Thiry, chairman and CEO of DaVita. “And 2018 was no exception.”
DaVita’s top 2018 milestones and achievements include:
Clinical Innovation and Research
DaVita Pilots Innovative Program for PCTs to Become RNs – DaVita is piloting Bridge to Your Dreams, an innovative program that supports qualified and high-performing patient care technicians in becoming Registered Nurses through fully funded tuition, scheduling assistance, coaching and role placement.
DaVita Clinical Research Continues to Grow Alliance Site Network for CKD Trials – DaVita expanded its research services to further grow the Alliance Site Network, a turnkey solution for pharmaceutical companies seeking high-quality, dedicated research sites that specialize in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and those with comorbid conditions directly related to CKD, but who are not yet on dialysis.
DaVita Clinical Research Featured at American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week – Researchers from DaVita Clinical Research (DCR) and DaVita Kidney Care presented results from several retrospective studies and shared data from innovative clinical improvement programs. The data originated from DCR and its independent research partners in the academic, pharmaceutical and biotech research communities.
DaVita Named Member of Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index – DaVita was named a member of the 2018 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI), a metric that provides companies across the globe an opportunity to disclose and showcase their efforts in gender equality. Joining a select group of 104 companies, this year’s index serves as the first sector-neutral index, comprised of companies earning an index score at or above a globally-established threshold. Of the companies selected for the index:
- Only 40 companies in the U.S. were chosen
- DaVita is one of only two health care companies
- DaVita is the only Colorado-based company
DaVita Ranked on Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index – DaVita received its highest score yet on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index, a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) workplace equality administered by the Human Rights Campaign.
DaVita Supports Teammates with Military Background – Over the past nine years, DaVita has hired more than 3,000 veterans. DaVita is honored to have been recognized with more than 40 awards for Vet recruiting excellence and its commitment to creating a special place for our veteran teammates. The “Village Veterans” programs encourage new veteran teammates to receive mentorship from company leaders as they transition to new roles within the company, and include:
- Veterans 2 Village (V2V), a three-day class designed to honor, energize and connect our Village Veterans. The program, introduced in 2016, focuses on self-development, community service and transition skills. DaVita’s internal veterans’ programs are designed to foster a stronger community for new veteran teammates while the company’s support services continue to develop and grow.
- Thriving after Military Service (TAMS) is a five-day workshop, facilitated by a Marine Corps veteran, and DaVita teammate, which takes an in-depth approach to self-development. TAMS is offered as a way to enhance participants’ roles as leaders, family and community members.
- DaVita was named 2018 Outstanding Large Employer of the Year by Disabled American Veterans. Veteran teammates vary from patient care technicians to the organization’s current chief development officer.
- Best for Vets – DaVita was recognized by Military Times Edge as a “Best for Vets” employer for the ninth consecutive year.
- Top Veteran-Friendly Companies – DaVita was honored as a top veteran-friendly company by U.S. Veterans magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
- Most Valuable Employer for Military – For the eighth year in a row, CivilianJobs.com named DaVita as a Most Valuable Employer for Military.
- G.I. Jobs Military Friendly – DaVita was named a Military Friendly company by G.I. Jobs for the ninth consecutive year.
Clinical Leadership and Patient Care
Government Report Shows DaVita Has Top Clinical Outcomes – DaVita continues to be a clinical leader, according to the end stage renal disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP) report issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Delivering High-Quality Care to Patients – DaVita’s focus on helping improve patients’ health and quality of life is demonstrated in the CMS Five-Star Quality Ratings System, where the company is a leader in quality of patient care for the fifth year in a row.
DaVita Applauds Californians Voting Down of Harmful Ballot Proposition – This November, Californians voted down a measure that would have placed arbitrary and unreasonable restrictions on the payments to dialysis providers. The measure promoted by a labor union, the SEIU-UHW, would have led to reduced access to care for California dialysis patients. Voters understood the negative impacts the ballot proposition would have had on dialysis patients and kidney care community.
Lifeline Vascular Care® Significantly Improves Patients’ Dialysis Outcomes – A study of Medicare data showed that, among other improved outcomes, patients who received care in a Lifeline Vascular Care-managed center had a 9.4 percent lower annual mortality rate than those treated in all other freestanding office-based centers.
Helping Manage Nation’s Most High-Risk Patients – DaVita® Health Solutions delivers comprehensive care programs – including house calls, post-acute care, and 24×7 care coordination and support – through at-risk arrangements with health plans to manage their high-risk, poly-chronic members. Over nearly two years, DaVita Health Solution’s comprehensive care programs have served approximately 7,000 patients in partnership with more than 600 local primary care physicians, specialists and extended care teams. The program results were extremely positive in its first year:
- 10-15 percent fewer emergency room visits
- 35-40 percent fewer hospitalizations
- 15-20 percent lower cost of care
- 46 percent lower skilled nursing facility (SNF) length of stay
- 64 percent lower SNF-to-acute 30-day readmission rate
- 91 percent patient satisfaction rating
Business Growth and Acquisitions
DaVita Labs Expands Operations – The company celebrated the opening of a 150,000 square-foot campus for DaVita Labs, its diagnostic laboratory that serves DaVita dialysis clinics and their patients. The campus marks an expansion of DaVita Labs’ operations in DeLand, Florida, and is expected to create 100 new local jobs.
DaVita Improves Transplant Readiness of Patients – DaVita collaborated with Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital and University of Chicago Medicine to launch its Transplant Waitlist Support Program. This technology set new standards in the continuum of care and data accuracy of patients awaiting a kidney transplant and aims to help waitlisted patients stay transplant-ready.
DaVita Partners with EPIC – DaVita announced a partnership with EPIC, the most widely used electronic health record (EHR), which is expected to enhance and grow technological capabilities within DaVita Physician Solutions’ chronic kidney disease (CKD) EHR platform.