DaVita physicians and clinical leaders to present on pertinent nephrology topics and research
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a subsidiary of DaVita Inc., (NYSE: DVA), will present 19 research abstracts from company representatives and collaborators at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) annual Kidney Week in San Diego from Oct. 23-Oct. 28, 2018.
More than 13,000 kidney care professionals from around the world convene at ASN Kidney Week to discuss new developments in the field of nephrology.
“We look forward to ASN every year because it brings together the best minds in nephrology and generates meaningful conversation in the kidney care community,” said Steven Brunelli, MD, MSCE, vice president and medical director of health economics and outcomes research for DaVita Clinical Research. “We’re eager to share our research and learn from others so we can all continue to improve patient care.”
Researchers will present results from several retrospective studies and share data from innovative clinical improvement programs.
This year’s poster and presentation titles include:
DaVita Clinical Research
- Correspondence Between Causes of Recurrent Hospitalizations Among Hemodialysis Patients
- Early Readmissions Are More Common After Long Hospitalizations Among Hemodialysis Patients
DaVita Institute for Patient Safety, Inc. and DaVita Clinical Research
- Impact of Rescheduling a Missed Hemodialysis Treatment on Clinical Outcomes
- Identification of Factors that Are Associated with Risk of Modality Failure Among Patients Treated with Peritoneal Dialysis
- Safety and Efficacy of Heparin During Dialysis in the Context of Systemic Anticoagulant and Antiplatelet Medications
- Midodrine in the Context of Intradialytic Hypotension: Association with Outcomes
- Effects of Oral Nutritional Supplements on Clinical Outcomes and Nutritional Markers in Hemodialysis Patients Qualifying with Serum Albumin 3.6 or 3.7 g/dL
DaVita Kidney Care
- A Peritonitis Surveillance System Developed by a Large Dialysis Organization to Improve the Accuracy and Consistency of Peritonitis Rate Reporting in the United States
- Analysis of After-Hours Oral Antibiotic Protocol for the Treatment of Suspected Peritonitis in Peritoneal Dialysis Patients
- Patient Satisfaction Score in Relation to Hemodialysis Guidelines and Practices: A European Multi-Center Analysis
- Effect of Hemofiltration on Anemia, Adequacy, and Bone Mineral Disease in Hemodialysis Patients
- Impact of PEAK Methodology on Interdialytic Weight Gain: A Multi-Center Experience
- Decreasing the Incidence of Catheter-Related Blood Stream Infections in Hemodialysis Patients: A Quality Improvement Program
- Are Cytokines and Body Composition Surrogate Markers for Outcomes in Hemodialysis Patients?
- A European Hemodialysis Multi-Center Implementation of a Standardized Diabetic Foot Examination Protocol
- Etelcalcetide in the Treatment of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism in Patients Uncontrolled with Cinacalcet: Results from a Prospective Study
- Daily Versus Post-Dialysis Administration of Calcimimetics for the Treatment of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism in Hemodialysis Patients: An Interventional, Multi-Center Study
- Low BMI Is Associated with Higher Risk of Frequent Intradialytic Hypertension
- Impact of Patient Awareness and Age on Serum Albumin in Chronic Hemodialysis Patients
Kidney Week attendees can visit booth 1929 to hear presentations from DCR and DaVita Kidney Care clinical leaders or speak to company representatives about partnering with DaVita.
To learn more about DCR, visit www.DaVitaClinicalResearch.com.
About DaVita Clinical Research
DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., is the research arm of DaVita. DCR innovates through retrospective research aimed at improving clinical outcomes. DCR assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of clinical trials using its renal research site network. To learn more about DCR, visit DaVitaClinicalResearch.com.